Tuesday, February 12, 2013

He Gently Leads Those With Young


"He shall feed His flock like a shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young."  Isaiah 40:11

In my mind I picture the Lord, my Shepherd, carrying my children in His arms and me, the bleating ewe, following behind.  That mental picture tells the entire story of parenting according to God's method.  It tells the whole story of child evangelism.  It tells the whole story of witnessing to people young in Christ.  We the parent, evangelist, teacher, etc. following close after Christ as we trust Him to win the hearts of our children.  The focus for our lives is not to figure out how to parent better, rather it is to remain as close to God as we can while we entrust our children to His loving care.

In this blog I will share lessons God has been gracious enough to show me regarding my parenting, family and marriage.  There are many other lessons to be learned.  My hope is that you will be inspired to read your Bible looking for the gentle leading of our Shepherd as you parent your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment