Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Desperate Mothers

Desperation is defined as: feeling, showing, or involving a hopeless sense that a situation is so bad as to be impossible to deal with.  I believe every mother has been desperate sometime.  I have been desperate for my child's healing.  I have been desperate at choices made.  I have been desperate for my child's salvation.  Desperation is a cruel master and leaves you weary and spent.  Desperation may feign love,  but unmasked desperation is faithlessness.


But...
With faith, we wait to see the flush of health on that little brow that burns with fever.
With faith, we believe our prodigal child will return humble and converted.
With faith, we anticipate choices made by principle not feeling.
With faith, we hope in the quickening of that quiet body.
With faith, we trust that this illness too, will pass.
With faith, we contemplate the grand reunion.
With faith, we implore for the Master's touch.
With faith, we hold onto the hope of peace.
With faith, we thrill in assurance.
With faith, we expect action.
With faith, we rejoice.
With faith, we rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment